we are advocating for environmental & social responsibility
WE WISH TO PROVIDE A TRULY AUTHENTIC AND RESPECTFUL CULTURAL AND COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE
RISE UBUNTU is advocating on Environmentally responsible travel, otherwise known as Ecotourism to Natural areas, Ecovillages, Community projects, Indigeneous people communities and Sacred sites in order to enjoy and appreciate nature (and accompanying cultural features, both past and present) that promote conservation, have a low visitor impact and provide for beneficially active socio-economic involvement of local peoples.
- Conscientious, low-impact visitor behavior
- Sensitivity towards, and appreciation of, local cultures and biodiversity
- Support for local conservation efforts
- Sustainable benefits to local communities
- Local participation in decision-making
- Educational components for both the traveler and local communities
- Provide much-needed revenues for the protection of indigenous wisdom and their communities, grass roots projects, ecovillages and other natural areas including sacred sites.
- Increase the level of education and activism among travelers, making them more enthusiastic and effective agents of conservation.
- Focus on socially responsible travel, personal growth, and environmental sustainability.
- Minimize the negative aspects of conventional tourism on the environment and enhance the cultural integrity of local people.